Thursday, December 31, 2009

January Contest - Celebrate a Harlequin Milestone

I personally purchased this book from Harlequin and think is will someday be a collectible so I would like to share it with one lucky January winner.


When you read the message from Harlequin's CEO she mentions "milestones".  To win a copy of this fun book from Harlequin 60th Anniversary, share a milestone in your life and please leave your contact email so that I can notify the winner.

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks so much for stopping by Romancing the Desert, Sheikh Books.



When a thoroughly "nice" girl is clever as well, let her less strongly armed sisters beware.


Phyllis Gordon was completely honest and very intelligent. Terry McLean was her first and only lover, and he really loved her. But Phyllis cared too much for him to marry him until she had rid herself of her unrequited passion for her millionaire employer, Kenyon Rutledge. Kenyon's fiancée, Letty Lawrence, was also well equipped with beauty and brains, and she had money besides.

Yet the arrival in town of Phyllis's little country cousin, Anice Mayhew, spelled danger for both Phyllis and Letty. For Anice was dewy-eyed, supersweet and diabolically innocent.

From Harlequin’s CEO About the Book:
Dear Reader,

Harlequin is celebrating its sixtieth anniversary in 2009 with an entire year's worth of special programs showcasing the talent and variety that have made us the world's leading romance publisher.

With this collection of vintage novels, we are thrilled to be able to journey with you to the roots of our success: six books that hark back to the very earliest days of our history, when the fare was decidedly adventurous, often mysterious and full of passion—1950s-style!

It is such fun to be able to present these works with their original text and cover art, which we hope both current readers and collectors of popular fiction will find entertaining.

Thank you for helping us to achieve and celebrate this milestone!

Warmly,
Donna Hayes, Publisher and CEO

13 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me. I'm dropping in to say thanks for the e-mail. I've got this listed at Win a Book for you. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Count me in by the way you have an interesting blog.

Tamsyn said...

One of my life's milestones would be the major decision I made to leave my own country to go and marry my now husband! Believe me, being in a foreign country without knowing its culture and language is certainly not fun! Luckily I have my husband! :o)

Tamsyn said...

Oops! I forgot to leave my email.
tamsyn5@yahoo.com

CAS said...

Wow a milestone...mine would have to be living with my blood disease. While negative as it may be, it gave me the best positive...BOOKS! I was not allowed to do anything but walk...I was depressed and my teacher gave me a book and said read...it will take you on the adventures you are missing out on...I haven't stopped reading ever since!

csims32@gmail.com

ps. Great site! :D

buddyt said...

I have two milestones that both had a very great effect on my life.

The first was the birth of my first child in 1980 and the second was her untimely and very distressing death 24 years later.

Even writing this now years later, the pain is still there.

Carol


buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

Carol, I can't even imagine how hat must be for you. I'm so very sorry.

Renee G said...

I guess the biggest milestones in my life were marrying the man of my dreams, and out two precious boys.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(Dot)com

CallMeKayla said...

hmmm.. i suppose you can consider a milestone starting college? besides that, my life hasn't yet "started"

kaylajohnson3969@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I went through a horrible divorce a few years back and thought I would be alone forever. But just as I was at my lowest, I met the love of my life(I feel like a teenager) and we had a beautiful son.
sylviemcwilliams@rogers.com

joan ferris said...

I do not have any milestones in my life.
joan ferris
jnferris@aol/com

skipthelaundry said...

I have had 4 milestones in my life, one for each child I have

skipthelaundry@zoominternet.net

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

I'm feeling generous this month. Buddy T you're the winner of No Nice Girl.

Skipthelaundry, I'll send you Liz Fielding's Her Desert Dream.

Joan Ferris a copy of Jane Porter's sheikh book Duty, Desire and the Desert King

Tamsyn, a copy of Robyn Grady's The Billionaire's Fake Engagement

Cas a copy of Melanie Milburne's Bound by the Marcolini Bride

Anonomymous a copy of Abby Green's Mistress to the Merciless Millionaire

ReneeG a copy of Kate Hewitt's The Italian's Bought Bride

Callmekayla a copy of Kate Hewitt's Ruthless B oss, Hired Wife

Professional Web Design